Tuesday, February 5, 2013

First topic: Sexuality....


            In class thinking on what subtitle I will choose for Sexuality. This will be the first essay which is worth ten percent. I have chosen to write my argumentative essay on Gay rights’. It is a very controversial subject to talk about. I am against Gay rights’, that’s my opposition. I don’t feel that Gay’s should have the right to marry. I feel that it is against Christianity. I do not have hate towards Gay people. They deserve to be treated and respected like everyone else. And sometimes I wonder why they made that decision to date their sex. I didn’t want to write about Abortion. I feel that women should only write about Abortion. I think it’s wrong, but I don’t have that much concern about Abortion. I think that writing argumentative essays is a great way of debate. I am currently doing research now on Gay rights’. I will try my best to make this a successful argumentative essay. 1500 words is the max. I will have my rough draft done by tomorrow. My schedule is great so I have plenty of time to brainstorm and do research. I am looking forward to see what everybody else is writing.

5 comments:

  1. - First and foremost, to each his own. I personally think gay individuals should have the right to marry. It has nothing to do with me, I don't judge others, and I still manage to sleep at night, so why should I care? Gay rights is definitely a touchy and controversial subject. Nothing against you or your beliefs, just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good topic if you really explore WHY you think the way that you do. Is it what your parents taught you? What your friends think? Or have you weighed all arguments and decided these are your OWN beliefs. Questioning your beliefs is always hard, but can be very rewarding, especially if you learn in the process. One idea you mention is worth researching --do gay people really choose who they're attracted to? Or is it the way they were born? Do heterosexuals choose to be attracted to the opposite sex--or are they also born that way? Good luck on researching this and thinking it through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey C-lo. 1500 words is the minimum. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you were really christian you would realize God creates all his children in his image and Gays are no different. My God loves me for how He made me, whats wrong with yours? I was born this way because my God chose to make me Gay, i did not CHOOSE to make my life HARDER. Why would anybody CHOOSE to take on society and its nasty actions. Me being Gay doesn't harm your life, so why do you get to choose whether i can have happiness in mine? Being ignorant is the real sin in society.

    ReplyDelete
  5. umm actually God did not make you Gay! Everybody has a free will to make their own decisions. it's actually a spirit. Live your life I don't care really.

    ReplyDelete